Creation in March 2018
Originally circus meant brutality, circle, strangeness, monstrosity sometimes, the hyper proximity and the fear.
I wish with this project play with all these elements and extract of that a political, physical and poetical questioning.
Mixing circus and opera, an original strength and a divine beauty, is an ideal path to show, make heard and overcome anxieties, tensions, dangers conveyed by our society based on fear.
Patrick Masset, the director, had this project inside himself for over twenty years : bring together two carriers and an aerial acrobat from circus and an opera singer. Suggest to the singer some acrobatic feats. Overcome her fears to restore self-confidence and find a new perspective to sing.
It’s literally “carry the voices” and share this necessity with the audience so that together we “extract the anchor that hold our boat away from the seas…”
- DURATION : 70 MINUTES
- FROM THE AGE OF 14
- 5 ARTISTS
- SINGER : JULIE CALBETE
- CIRCUS ARTIST : AIRELLE CAEN
- CIRCUS ARTIST : GUILLAUME SENDRON
- CIRCUS ARTIST : DENIS DULON
- LIVE MUSICIAN & MUSICAL ARRANGMENT : JEAN-LOUIS CORTES
- MUSIC : IN PROGRESS
- AUTHOR AND STAGE DIRECTOR : PATRICK MASSET
- DRAMATURG : PASCAL JACOB
- SCENOGRAPHER : JOHAN DAENEN
- LIGHT DESIGNER : IN PROGRESS
- COSTUME DESIGNER : BERENICE MASSET
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR : VALERY THERET
- STAGE MANAGER : JULIEN FORTUNE
- WITH THE HELP OF : THE FEDERATION WALLONIE-BRUXELLES (CIRCUS, STREET AND FAIRGROUND ARTS DEPARTMENT), ZOMERFABRIEK (ANTWERPEN), THEATRE 140 (B), THE ABATTOIRS OF BOMEL/CULTURAL CENTRE OF NAMUR (B), ESPACE CATASTROPHE (B), CULTURAL CENTRE OF BEAURAING (B), ... (IN PROGRESS)